“What’s this?” you might ask.
A #HoCoInstagramSquad? “Never heard of such a thing,” you might tell yourself. And you’d be right. We’ve never heard of such a thing either, but we’d like to start one. Here’s what we envision and how you might participate. http://instagram.com/hocoblogs
- A local Instagram account focused on people, places and things in Howard County.
- An account where a handful (or more) of people have access and can upload images.
- A site using and focused on #HoCoHashtags such as these and many more.
- A joyful, visual, happy way of sharing what you love about Howard County.
- A low-committment project and something that is fun (vs a chore!).
- An account that might have a few posts a day, none, or lots. No worries. No pressure.
- You’ll need to read the TOS and send an email saying you agree to abide by them.
- You’ll be given posting privileges on the account.
- You can give yourself credit for a photo posted. (We encourage regramming.)
- You can label your photos, such as those done by @EastCoastPhotog.
- People of all ages — and all levels of photographic skill — are welcome to participate.
- Participating in the squad is an upaid volunteer position and one with no particular time or posting frequency requirement.
- You’re encouraged to help get more followers on the account and to “heart” others’ posts.
- You’re encouraged to promote local events, charities and businesses.
- You’re encouraged to capture people at work, play and daily living in Howard County (with their permission, of course).
- You’re asked to use the #HoCoHashtags well and wisely.
- We manage HoCoBlogs.com and would love to have an Instagram feed on our page … one that comes through the eyes of people in our community. We’ll post the photos on our site.
- We reserve the right to delete a photo or uninvite a participant, though we’ll tell you why and give you time to adjust your posts, if such a sitch comes up.
Give a holler to Jessie Newburn by email or text: 443-794-7521.