Thank you, one and all, for your generosity of time, spirit, intelligence and can-do-ness in appreciating the venue of last night’s HoCoBlogs party (Nottingham’s) and the many interesting conversations you had. Nottingham’s was a generous host, providing free food (for vegetarians and omnivores alike) and a drink ticket for each attendee. They also put us in their private room, which made for easier conversations and less shouting in order to be heard.
In turn, we, the community of bloggers and social media activists gave of our time and thoughtfulness with our social media capital in our local networks. From what I can see, these bloggers covered the party in one way, shape, form or another —
- Eric of Away From the Things of Man
- Annie Rie/Diane of Annie Rie Unplugged
- HowChow of HowChow 🙂
- Julia of Village Green / Town Squared
- Bill of The 53
- Me of HoCoBlogs
- Scott of Scott E Software
- Two emails sent to our database of nearly 500 bloggers,
- Multiple tweets (about a dozen over a few weeks) from @hocoblogs to our nearly 4000 local followers,
- Shout-outs on our hocoblogs Facebook page with nearly 900 local “likes,”
- Near-impossible to track Facebook mentions from many of the attendees,
- An event page,
- A Facebook invite, plus
- A slew of tweets from yesterday/today (and others in the weeks leading up to the party which are harder to track).
Thank you, everyone — each and all of you — for your help in making these parties easier, more valuable (for all) and more enjoyable to host and attend!
PS — The parties are really fun and it would be an incredible gift to me and the community at large if someone would help manage the party invitation list. I need help gathering up all the emails and putting them into an email service such as MailChimp. #HoCoVolunteers